Old March 25th 06, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Kings Cross Shut - Thursday

In message .com, Paul
Weaver writes
Then after getting on the Circle Line platform the infamous
"Emergency clear the station" announcement went off. Why?
Several staff said in all honesty it was because the station was
too busy ?!!

Boy who cried wolf?

Well of course no one believes the announcements because they're often
used because the system "Is a victim of it's own success." :-)

So no doubt one day while we're all standing there and cursing yet
another pointless clearance of the station..... we'll all get blown to
bits.

Plus although it's below the belt it has to be said. If Brixton station
wasn't often closed for no good reason that Brazilian guy would have got
on the train he wanted and still be alive today.

As I say....... last possible resort guys !!

--
Edward Cowling London UK