Old March 26th 06, 12:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Oyster travelcards on Bendibuses

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:00:25 -0000, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:

Okay what if someone has a zones 2-6 travelcard and goes into zone 1 on a
National Rail service where PrePay *is* accepted, e.g. staying on a one
service beyond Stratford into Liverpool Street. How are they to touch in at
the start at stations with no barriers?

That does seem to be a bit of a gap in the system.

I also wonder what would happen if the station they started at did
have barriers. Would the card have a record of where they'd touched
in, and would it know what fare to charge at Liverpool Street?

So if I'm taking a single service that starts at a station where I can't
touch in through no fault of my own, and I use the extension facility on a
legitimate route, I am liable for a penalty fare for not doing something
that is impossible or me to do?

Apparently so. Hopefully an inspector would be lenient if you
explained.