Old March 29th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Anti-bike signs on Bendibuses

In article . 170,
(Adrian) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

Some Bendibuses (including some or all on routes 29 and 73) have
a yellow triangle sign on the rear with a black bicycle with an X
across it.

a) What is it supposed to mean?

Don't overtake on the left, as you'll end up either:
a) dead, under the bus
b) dead, under 20 disembarking bus passengers

b) Why this anti-bike attitude from TfL?

It's not anti-bike. It's anti-getting-people-killed-for-no-reason.

I don;t think you understand cycling.

Quite obviously we don't understand it in the same way as you do.

If that "understanding" involves a perceived right to go wherever the
**** you want because you're in the right, then I don't think I want
to.

May I recommend
www.highwaycode.gov.uk

In a wide main road like Euston Road, a bendi-bus pulls in regardless of
cyclists riding where they should, close to the kerb. They are then
almost impossible to pass safely. I suggest you try it sometime instead
of pontificating.

--
Colin Rosenstiel