Old March 29th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Anti-bike signs on Bendibuses

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

No, it isn't. That has just been demonstrated. It takes a few
seconds to overtake a bendibus, which is about a second more than a
regular bus. I don't see how that's enough to reduce grown men to
crying children.

They are also widely used in London, and have been in the UK since
being introduced to Manchester somewhere around 1999. Nothing new,
and not seemingly causing too many problems there.

I must mis-remember the ones in Sheffield in the 70s, then...

Hiho.

But the problem with them in London IS real - they are just far too long
for the traffic conditions. They cause chaos.