Old March 29th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Anti-bike signs on Bendibuses

Colin McKenzie ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

That extra second is significant. It prevents cyclists safely passing
bendibuses at the front of the queue at traffic lights, because it's
just long enough for the light to get from red to green and the bus to
move off. With an ordinary bus, even in the worst case you can reach
the front before it moves.

So, perhaps, just maybe, the cyclist could *wait behind the bus* at lights?
Or is there some secret reason that I "wouldn't understand, and should try
some time" as to why that can't happen?

In theory, it's not good to start to pass any bus after it starts to
signal to move off. But you have the right of way, and the bus driver
should let you go if you don't give way.

I've already recommended the HC to you - perhaps I ought to recommend it
again?

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/15.htm#143 (last point)
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/20.htm#198