Old September 18th 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default Stratford Eurostar station.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:16:34 +0100 Steve M wrote:
} Matthew Malthouse wrote:
}
}
}
} There is also an extention to the DLR that will provide dual platforms
} at the extsiting Stratford and a new terminus at the International
} station.
}
} http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/developmen...d/stations.htm
}
} Matthew
}
} Looking at the maps, would option 2 (which seems like a wholly new DLR
} route to Stratford) mean abandonment of the current DLR line to
} Stratford, or would there then be 2 ways to get there via different
} routes? I'm not from the area but thats how the map reads to me. Option
} 1 looks like an extension to the current layout.

It's all rather lacking in detail but it seems that the prefered option
2 would use the North London Line corridor from Custom House to
Stratford as DLR thsu providing a direct link between Startfor
International and London City Airport.

Nothing on the site suggests the abandonment of the Stratford to Poplar
branch and indeed that would seem foolish as it's a direct link to
Canary Wharf and very busy mcuh of the time. However foolish transport
decsisions are not entirely unknown.

What happens to the North London Line as a concequence of building DLR
option 2 is not stated.

Matthew
--
Záhid sharáb píné dé, masjid mein baith kar
ya woh jagah batá dé jahán Khudá na ho.