Old March 30th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(in Sweden\) tim \(in Sweden\) is offline

Default Euro Star

"John B" wrote in message
oups.com...
Richard J. wrote:
No, you went through French and British immigration controls at Gare du
Nord, then had the opportunity to buy things in the departure lounge
which British Customs might conceivably be interested in. I assume
that's one reason why the Customs check is at Waterloo, though it's
always an extremely nominal affair.

I guess it's *possible* to carry over 3,200 cigarettes, 90 litres of
wine and 10 litres of spirits onto the train with you, but I'd suggest
this doesn't happen very often...

you don't have to exceed all of them, only one.

Exceeding 16 cartons of ciggies and still being able to
carry it, is going to be easy.

tim