Old March 30th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Euro Star

eastender wrote:

Hmmm... the way they really get you is if you turn up on spec as I did
at the Gare du Nord recently for the last train back to London. I had a
hour - but there was only one desk open for standard class and people
buying tickets not for that train. With 10 mins to go it was obvious I
wasn't going to get on so I was forced (along with several others) to
buy a business class fare (320 euros one way) to get home.

What's to stop you asking for a Standard class ticket at supposedly a First
Class Only position? The same computer system will knock out either ticket
just as easily....

--
Phil Richards
London, UK