Old April 1st 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "Oyster ticketing on rail a step closer"

In article . com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

So says the press release from TfL...

----------
(31 March 2006)

*Mayor welcomes Oyster commitment in new rail franchise*

Oyster ticketing on rail services in London came a step closer today
with the news that it will be required as part of the new South West
Main Line franchise.

[snip]

Anyone know if this will also mean zonal fares on SWT? I'd love to be
able to go to Putney as well as East Putney on a Cambridge-U12 Saver
Return.

That said a single from Putney to Waterloo this morning was only £1.60
(with Network Card discount). It was also faster and took me closer to
my destination than a £1.50 Oyster fare would have got me from East
Putney.

--
Colin Rosenstiel