Old April 1st 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
purple pete purple pete is offline

Default What are those new cameras springing up all over the place?

To me it looks like a bus
lane camera (quite a small box) but as you say it is on a *much*
taller post than a regular speed camera or bus lane camera, and is
bright yellow (the camera unit - the post is standard gray). Besides
there is no bus lane at that point. As far as I can see there is no
way to easily lower it to the ground (to change film etc) so it must
be digital.

One of these has just gone up round here, right next to a GATSO (30MPH) -
its a 2 lane road with L1 being a bus lane (7am to 7pm) and BOTH lanes
having the GATSO markers on the ground. Now this taller camera has
appeared next to the GATSO and I am assuming it may be a Bus lane Camera.

Also spotted another white camera at another location which is pointing down
from a quite high position and overlooking a width restriction which has 2
lanes the first being for buses only, and lane 2 is for cars only. The
buses have to give way to the cars in the middle of the the restriction.
Will try to upload some pics of these cameras soon.