Old April 2nd 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default "Oyster ticketing on rail a step closer"

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

So says the press release from TfL...

----------
(31 March 2006)

*Mayor welcomes Oyster commitment in new rail franchise*

Oyster ticketing on rail services in London came a step closer today
with the news that it will be required as part of the new South West
Main Line franchise.

[snip]

Anyone know if this will also mean zonal fares on SWT? I'd love to be
able to go to Putney as well as East Putney on a Cambridge-U12 Saver
Return.

That said a single from Putney to Waterloo this morning was only £1.60
(with Network Card discount). It was also faster and took me closer to
my destination than a £1.50 Oyster fare would have got me from East
Putney.

Zonal fares will be rolled out before Oyster, potentially next year
(according to previous DfT murmurings). However, having read the SWT
invitation to tender more carefully, Oyster PAYG wouldn't be introduced
on SWT until at least January 2009, when ticket gates are expected to be
installed at Waterloo.

SWT ITT:
http://tinyurl.com/kybyj

--