Old April 2nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

Peter Frimberly wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:10:24 +0100, "JMUpton2000" securitynovels @
freeuk.com wrote:

Hello

For those unaware this weekend sees the operation to lift out via
the access shaft the Waterloo & City Line 1992 Tube Stock before
despatching to Doncaster for overhaul whilst the line is closed.

Some pictures I took earlier today are now uploaded to he
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/c909597.html

[snip]

Great pics, thanks for them. I had hoped to get down there myself
but have been too busy. Any idea if the whole lot is coming out
this weekend or is there going to be more on Monday or next
weekend?

Probably will all be done today. If you go to www.metronetrail.com and
click on Waterloo & City Line in the panel at top centre of the window,
you'll see Metronet's latest update. At present it says that they got
"over half" the fleet out yesterday, and were intending last night to
crane in the four battery locos (named Walter, Lou, Anne, Kitty - a nice
touch!) for use during the project.

I guess there will be a lift-in operation too but it is probably
harder to work out when that is likely to be.

See my comment above re the battery-powered locos. But there is a huge
amount of material to be craned in and out. From the page containing
the latest update, click on "5 Month closure" in the menu items on the
left, then on "Interesting facts". They estimate nearly 14000 crane
lifts during the project (8000 coming out, nearly 6000 going in).
--
Richard J.