Old April 2nd 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JMUpton2000 JMUpton2000 is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

"Peter Frimberly" wrote in message
I'm not totally sure where the lift connected to, but I gather it was
to the main line and the Bakerloo line, neither of which would be too
accomodating to another lines' trains in this HSE-concious age.

The access to the lift I believe was off a short spur a short distance into
the running tunnel after Waterloo platform.

Stock was then lifted to the surface alongside Waterloo Main Line station
and then with W&C stock match wagons, loco hauled to either Wimbledon or
Selhurst for overhaul.

No links to the Bakerloo whatsoever though.

One W&C 1940's car did run test trips on its own on the Alton branch once
though!

Regards
John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections:
South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/

Bus Pics:
http://gallery42239.fotopic.net/