Old April 4th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Another Oyster Query

asdf wrote:
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:54:35 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

That's a bit of a dilemma. I think the initial advice was a bit off the
mark - I'm not surprised the staff at Cockfosters were reluctant about it.

Yep - sounds like dodgy advice to me.

The only truly satisfactory solution seems to me to exchange your paper
Z1-4 travelcard for an Oyster version from a Tube station at the
earliest opportunity.

Is that even possible?

What I meant was either to wait until the paper travelcard is up for
renewal and then replace it with an Oyster one, or turn in the paper
travelcard for a refund on the remaining validity (which I think is
allowed for annual tickets) and switch to Oyster.

(snip)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7