Old April 4th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] jason.nathan@acnielsen.co.uk is offline

Default Paddington Station - the squalor continues

Evening Standard: 3/2/2006

PART of Paddington station, one of the most celebrated structures in
British architecture, is to be demolished to make way for shops and
offices.

The Evening Standard has learned that English Heritage has backed plans
to knock down one of the station's four "Brunel" arches despite
protests from architects and other heritage groups.

Slow news day?! This is *very* old news.

First I've heard of it. I had thought EH were against the plan.

On this topic, can anyone point to any websites with information on the
Paddington situation? I have looked at all the usual suspects and can
find nothing of note.

I agree the station is a disgrace. The access problems to the FGW Link
trains are massively exarcebated by the luggage facility blocking the
path to the main part of the station - can nothing be done about this?