Old September 18th 03, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Angus Bryant Angus Bryant is offline

Default Stratford Eurostar station.

Matthew Malthouse wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:33:16 +0100 Angus Bryant wrote:
} Matthew Malthouse wrote:
}
} } I thought the intention (if you look at the DLR Stratford extension maps
} } closely - see the orange (?) route) is to divert the NLL services into
} } Stratford main station and up the Lea Valley.
}
} I've not found a map that admits to that close an inspection. Can you
} point me in the right direction?
}
} Have a look at the three photographic maps down at the bottom of the
} page below. The lines are in blue, not orange - sorry for the
} confusion!
}
} http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/developmen..._appraisal.htm

Aha. I see what you mean. I can't find any documentation reflecting
this change though. Searches of tfl and tfl/rail for "North London
Line" produce nothing of relevance.

Indeed. But it seems the most logical thing to do if the Stratford -
North Woolwich line is taken over by DLR. See also John Rowland's
excellent site:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro..._e.html#DLRNLL

Also I wonder if Stansted Express will switch to runing via Stratford?
Stopping here either instead of or in addition to Tottenham Hale may be
useful. WA should be part of Greater Anglia by then anyway, so it may
not matter that it'd be running to Liverpool Street on the Stratford
lines rather than the Hackney ones.

Angus