Old April 5th 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Simon Hewison Simon Hewison is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

Peter Frimberly wrote:
Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

What surprises me is that the cars are still powered up enough to
display "Bank" on the destination screens while going through this
procedure. Do these trains not have a full "off" switch?

--
Simon Hewison