Old April 5th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

"Simon Hewison" wrote in message
Peter Frimberly wrote:
Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones from my collection online as well at
http://tornado.pair.com/drain_cleaning/index.html

What surprises me is that the cars are still powered up enough to display
"Bank" on the destination screens while going through this procedure. Do
these trains not have a full "off" switch?

No power needed - due to the rather limited range of destinations it is just
a sticker.

Peter Smyth