Old April 7th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Covent Garden & Aldwych (was Mill Hill East)

In message .com,
writes

ISTR reading many years ago (1996 or so) that there was a plan for
escalators at Covent Garden. I'm pretty sure it was from an official
London Underground pamphlet about overall improvements to the
Piccadilly Line. I wonder why that never happened.

Cost. It would require a second ticket hall for starters. But I think
escalators are still being considered as a longer term remedy. In the
meantime, there are some quite expensive improvements to the existing
layout planned for next year.

--
Paul Terry