Old April 8th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default RIP Wagn

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
I hadn't realised WAGN (Wait Allday Get Nowhere) was being taken over
by First Capital Connect on the 1st April. My first reaction is that it
explains the hobbyist running of Wagn of the past few months.

Management might have been taking less interest in the line, but bear
in mind that it's mostly the same staff on the ground so there wasn't
much of an incentive to let things go completely, only to have to work
twice as hard from the changeover! I think most Wagn staff were VERY
happy about the new management too.

The Wait Allday Get Nowhere bit is funny, but by and large they've done
a good job and the services are pretty reliable. FCC has inherited a
pretty good route in my opinion.

Lets hope the new lot finally fix the broken doors on some units that to
my knowledge have been out of action since Moses was a lad :-)

I know problems on the 313's into Moorgate have increased, but the
other stock seems reliable. The only time I've had a door fail on a 317
was when someone held it open to let a mate on. The driver did comment
at the time, and at the next stop he couldn't close the doors properly
- leading to a delay. The 365's now seem to say 'stand clear of the
doors' frequently, whereas they said nothing before. Part of this might
be due to the death of a man at Huntingdon after getting his coat
caught up, saying goodbye to his girlfriend.

Jonathan