Old April 8th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberly Peter Frimberly is offline

Default Another Oyster Query

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:58:13 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On 5 Apr 2006 01:39:18 -0700, "John B" wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:
Expect "Oyster for Dummies" in the shops any time now....... ;-)

That's no fun. If there was a book explaining how Oyster works, what
would we all have to argue about?

The accuracy of the book, of course!

LOL!

I got a free ride from Hammersmith to the West End on Thursday on a
No. 9 bus on which the Oyster reader wasn't working (I wanted to use
prepay). That was about 4pm. Remarkably, on the way home about 11pm,
the No. 9 I got home also had a defective Oyster reader so I got a
free ride home too!

Not sure if all No. 9 buses had defective Oyster readers that day or I
was just lucky to get the same one twice - but I don't think they were
the same bus because the first one had a Post-It note on the reader,
the second one had a brown parcel tape "X" across it.

Oyster prepay is great!