Old April 8th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Penalty Fare - Surely they can't do this?

In message , Dowager
writes

To add insult to (potential financial) injury, the ticket inspector was
apparently pretty damned rude and intransigent, and wouldn't listen to any
sort of reasoned argument. Bloody jobsworths...

I would have been 100% behind you until they had a random mob handed
inspection at my local station the other week. It's Palmers Green and I
arrived there about two Mondays ago to find all the regulars I travel
with moping about outside the station and looking less than pleased. The
reason? Mob handed ticket inspectors.

I went through and got my normal train, but it did make me realise how
many people routinely avoid paying the fares. So sorry old mate, tell
the significant other to buy a ticket before hand.

--
Edward Cowling London UK