Old April 8th 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian N Ian N is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL station

On 16 Mar 2006 06:29:12 -0800, "TheOneKEA"
wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:
In case anyone is interested, progress on this is now truly underway,
with work going on from the northbound carriageway of the West Cross
Route to clear the area below for the southbound platform, and what
looks like preparatory work to lower the embankment on the northbound side.

Is there any sign of extension to the OHLE? It has always been said
that the stop at Mitre Bridge Junction to change voltage eats paths.
Extending the OHLE to the new station and allowing the voltage change
to occur during station duties a la Farringdon would be sensible IMO.

The original thread about the new WLL line seems to have mostly
disappeared from my news service now, but I was passing the site today
and took a few pictures of how the excavations are going: see
http://www.ian-n.com/whitecity.

They're taken on my camera phone as that's all I had with me, but
they're not bad.

I also went round to the other side of the site, and grabbed a shot of
the new H&C line bridge, and peered over in to the Central Line tracks
and saw some new track work presumably something to do with the
revised depot layout.