Old September 18th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Visiting London & Newcastle: any suggested stations

"george lewycky" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone

I'm visiting from the U.S. and I actually work
for the NY Transit Authority (NYC's Bus & Subways)

I would like to hear about any suggested stations, sites,
musuems that are of historical, technical, etc. significance!!

Does London have a musuem specifically about the Tube and its history??

Thanks alot

george lewycky

http://georgenet.net

See:

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/

for details of the London Transport museum which should be exactly what you
are looking for.

Also the York National Railway Museum is worth a stop over if you are
travelling by train between Newcastle and London:

http://www.nrm.org.uk/

Colin