Old September 18th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] junius1771@msn.com is offline

Default Detraining at Wembley Park

"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message ...
There is no problem if the following train is one that doesn't stop at
Preston Rd or Northwick Park, when it can use the fast line, and not be
affected by a train reversing into the underpass from the slow line.

I understand that the problem has recently been compounded by the fact that
due to track problems, (I think) trains from the NB slow line at Harrow on
the Hill cannot use Plat 3 and therefore all slow trains, whether to
Uxbridge or Watford have to use Plat 4. This means that the number of
trains reversing N-S via the siding has had to be drastically reduced.

Lawrence Myers

As far as I can make out when passing over the track, it is impossible
for a fast train to pass into Wembley Park while a train is entering
the diveunder from the local line. The emptied train is usually held
on the local platform until the fast has left Wmebley Park (delaying
any succeeding locals).

Have the track problems at Harrow been rectified? NB trains appear to
be using Platform 3 as usual at the moment.