Old April 10th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Another Oyster Query

John B wrote:

Or in some cases just travel! I'd like to know how one can buy tickets
on
the GOBLIN...

Trainline.com? :-)

I don't think they do local fares. In any case I could just walk to
Wanstead
Park and jump on the train and most of the time there's never a ticket
inspector to sell me a ticket en route.

The Trainline does sell local fares, as long as you book them far
enough in advance for them to be posted.

I remember one time when either The Trainline or Qjump refused to mail
tickets to Forest Gate(/Wanstead Park). Is this really a viable option.

And it probably is the only
option for the GOBLIN, unless you're actually going between Gospel Oak
and Barking ?or Blackhorse Road? (can't remember whether it's
integrated with LUL station or not).

Not sure as I've only ever used the line for Barking (which is gated),
Gospel Oak (for interchange onto the North London Line) and Upper Holloway.

I commuted on the NLL for a year (with a Travelcard) and saw a grand
total of two RPIs. Although sometimes the GOBLIN does carry uniformed
bouncers, these are to deter the lairy rather than the ticketless.

And in peak hours the train can be so packed it's not physically possible
for anyone to get along it to sell/check tickets!