Old April 11th 06, 12:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RIP Wagn

In article 007c01c65cdf$0f2911d0$6400a8c0@DAVE, (Dave
Plumb) wrote:

Their [FCC's] flying start is to scrap the refreshment trolleys
on the Cruisers. Cost-free to the TOC they were, too. Hardly in

So far not much difference.
http://www.jcheck.com/fcc is less useful
than it was as it carries info for both the WGC/HFN and Thameslink
services so is cluttered and doesn't help travellers on either line in
this way. They're aggressively gripping the regulars most mornings on
train and at KX with close and thorough inspections (but yer seasoned
avoider is still just train walking and changing at finsbury park or
highbury or claiming "the train woz just pullin in").

ROFL! That must have lasted all of two days. Back to the usual WAGN
pattern for me. Today, two grippers on my bit of the 10:15 Cambridge-KX,
both ex-WAGN with new uniforms. Nobody on the 19:15 off the Cross
tonight, as usual.

Yep, about the same really. They've already wasted a fortune changing
the train livery, stationary, timetables and converting the staff into
postman-pat look-alikes. I'd rather see "WAGN" on my timetable until
June and perhaps have something else improved. What a waste.

The pocket timetables needed re-issuing. The weekend services on the
last edition ran out before the 1 April - 10 June blockades.

What a shame on the day they launched there were no trains via WGC and
on until June at weekends. Start as you mean to go on eh

That bit is *not* FCC's fault. Typical Network rail, buggering up both
routes between Cambridge and London at weekends at the same time for the
second year running! :-((

--
Colin Rosenstiel