Old April 11th 06, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default RIP Wagn

ROFL! That must have lasted all of two days. Back to the usual WAGN
pattern for me. Today, two grippers on my bit of the 10:15

Cambridge-KX,

Ahh, I changed at FPK the rest of the week as they were harassing Oyster
holders since they didn't all have a reader and demanded to know where
you got on etc (which is reasonable but doesn't deal with the persistent
fare evader they're all too scared to tackle).

The pocket timetables needed re-issuing. The weekend services on the
last edition ran out before the 1 April - 10 June blockades.

A smaller insert for the weekends would have done, not discard the WAGN
ones and reprint. I'm sure WAGN wouldn't have wasted the money in this
way for just a couple of months of timetable. If the timetable lasted
until December, fair enough, but to re-issue them for a couple of months
was a waste.

What a shame on the day they launched there were no trains via WGC

and
That bit is *not* FCC's fault. Typical Network rail, buggering up both

Not arranging for ticket acceptance on their other line at St. Albans
and Elstree stations is, even as a courtesy in addition to the 'bus'.
Even if you just do it for gold card holders. I don't use the railway
much at the weekends but this is quite a chunk out of the ticket that's
a bus service instead of a train. If I wanted to do it that way I'd have
bought a 4 zone travelcard and done it by bus to Arnos Grove!

My 15 minute journey is an hour by bus. FCC won't be charged track
access charges nor pay drivers for Sunday working. NR most likely pick
up the tab for the replacement buses, while FCC continue to sell rail
priced tickets and benefit from what they've charged me for the weekends
which is a useless service!