Old April 11th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default RIP Wagn

Dave Plumb wrote:
Ahh, I changed at FPK the rest of the week as they were harassing Oyster
holders since they didn't all have a reader and demanded to know where
you got on etc (which is reasonable but doesn't deal with the persistent
fare evader they're all too scared to tackle).

Last week, the front line grippers at KGX checked tickets, with people
standing behind using wands to scan Oyster card users. I simply waved
my Gold record card and quickly realised that waving /anything/ in a
plastic pocket would have sufficed.

Not arranging for ticket acceptance on their other line at St. Albans
and Elstree stations is, even as a courtesy in addition to the 'bus'.
Even if you just do it for gold card holders.

Don't I know it. I hoped FCC would have seen sense, but as soon as they
started quoting their requirements, it became clear we weren't going to
get any 'goodwill gesture' from them. It costs First absolutely nothing
(and, if anything would save them money) to do this, so I am rather
disappointed.

Jonathan