Old April 14th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Stratford and Oysters

I'm now on pay as you go.

Today I took a DLR from Devons Road to Stratford. Swiped in on way into
Devons Road, Swiped out when I arrived on DLR platform at Stratford.

The little display came up with 1.00 or something. So I assume I was
charged £1.

I then needed to exit the station at Stratford, and when I swiped through
the gates I saw another 1.00 come up.

I was going to queue up at the machine to find out whether or not I'd been
charged twice (one DLR journey and one unresolved tube journey) but the
queue was massive, stretching right out of the station.

Will I have been charged twice? If so, I assume it will be easy to prove my
innocence and therefore get the money back but why should I have to? If I
had not used the swipe when leaving the DLR train at Stratford and gone
straight for the barriers, would I have had a problem getting through the
gates, or even charged more?

Thanks.