Old April 15th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Livingstone threatens to levy a further £600 on Londoners

In message , Aosmosis
writes

This is scandalous, and if an extra £600 million is already being
bandied about within a year of the winning bid for 2012, can you
imagine the extra costs that are going to be incurred by the time the
Olympics are actually held?!

It was always clear that any over-run would most likely have to be
picked-up by London tax payers - and there is ample precedent for
serious over-runs on many previous Olympics, so it was always
predictable and will probably become worse.

I'm just astonished that so many Londoners appeared to have been in
favour of a London Olympics - I wasn't for precisely this reason.

--
Paul Terry