Old April 16th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Livingstone threatens to levy a further £600 on Londoners

Tristán White wrote:

I'm just astonished that so many Londoners appeared to have been in
favour of a London Olympics - I wasn't for precisely this reason.

If you lived in East London as I do, you'd be in favour too.

I live in East London and I'm not in favour. Maybe it's because I don't own
my home so am not going to cash in on it.

Have you
seen some of the areas they're developing? They're eyesores. Any
regeneration is good.

They said this about the Millenium Dome...