Old April 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Bus turning Point at New Southagate

wrote in message
ups.com...

Drive around new southagate

Well, it is full of Italians!

the day i came across
a bus turning point/terminus at Beaconsfield Road/
Oakleigh Road South Junction near the the GNER Bridges

This thing...
http://maps.google.co.uk/?t=k&om=1&l...01347,0.002494

In the 1970s/80s, number 34 buses from Walthamstow often turned there. IIRC
it was called "New Southgate (Standard Telephone And Cable)" on the blinds.
STC was the massive factory which occupied what is now North London Business
Park. I don't know if any terminators were scheduled, or if they were cut
short there to get back on time. I can't recall if number 251 buses ever
terminated there.

seems an odd place to terminate a route as
beaconsfielsd road is restricted width access

The buses never went further down Beaconsfield Road.

Other disused bus termini in North London can be found at Bush Hill / Green
Lanes
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.6365...02494&t=k&om=1 ,
and at Hedge Lane / Green Lanes
http://maps.google.co.uk/?t=k&om=1&l...01347,0.002494 .

I don't know if Whetstone Griffin was ever a bus terminus...
http://maps.google.co.uk/?t=k&om=1&l...01347,0.002494 .
Buses terminated at Friern Barnet Town Hall until a couple of years ago, so
I'm guessing that the sliproad on the northeast corner was a bus stand
http://maps.google.co.uk/?t=k&om=1&l...01347,0.002494 .