Old April 19th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Travelling beyond ticket validity using Oyster (On DLR)

Sam wrote:
I have a Zone 2-4 monthly on Oyster with £xx pre-pay.

I need to make a journey from Woodside Park (Z4) to Canary Wharf.

I intend to go via Bank and then change on to the DLR. Do I need to swipe
at the DLR entrance ?

I thought that by swiping out at Canary Wharf, the correct fare would be
deducted.
But if my Oyster is checked on the DLR train, what will it show ?

Any ideas ?

Judging from discussions here about Bank, no-one is quite sure about
when you are supposed to touch in at Bank to change to/from the DLR. The
rule *seems* to be: when using PAYG (prepay), touch in at Bank.

Therefore I'd advise you to touch in at Bank, because whilst you are in
Zone 1, you are using PAYG. In any case, touching in is the safest
option regardless of the ticket type.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7