Old April 20th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Zingo?

Mike Hughes typed

The Zingo system was originally started by Managese Bronze, the owners
of London Taxis International (LTI) the makers of the London taxi. The
system works by locating the position of the customer, then locating the
nearest available Zingo equipped taxi and putting the two together.

There is still the link to Zingo's website from Manganese Bronze, but
then there's NOTHING.

The problem is that, although the customer is charged extra (was £1.60
but may have gone up) this money goes to Zingo and nothing to the
driver. That's OK if the customer is very close but who wants to travel
through traffic to get to someone when there are plenty of other
customers on the street?

There's £2 on Call-a-Cab; where does that go?

Zingo was sold to the Delgro, the parent organisation of ComCab (and
others) for £1 (but they had to pay the debts!). Since then customers
phoning Zingo are offered the chance to go into the ComCab system if
there are no Zingo cabs available.

Umm... are there any?
Silence after dialling a number and a web page that does not load do not
bode well.

Before anyone argues about the run-ins and booking fees, have you found
out the minimum charges that 'mini-cabs' make for busy West End pickups?

And do you know how often I call a minicab when I have waited over 45
minutes for ComCab to send me a taxi??? My Taxicard is not much use if I
can potentially miss vital appointments or get stranded in the cold and
rain...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.