Old April 20th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

David J Bush wrote:
I'll be in London this August. At first I thought I'd take a cab to
my hotel. then I read this might cost upwards of 50 pounds. The
tube for 4 pounds sounds better. I will probably get to Heathrow
1-2-3 central around 11 p.m. on a Friday night. Are there likely to
be many passengers at that time?
I'm hoping to be able to sit down with a suitcase between my feet
and a small day pack on my lap. Thanks.

You will have no problem getting a seat at Heathrow. The last through
train to central London from Heathrow T123 departs at 23:49. The
journey time to central London (Piccadilly Circus) is about 45 minutes.

Will you need to change to another line to reach your hotel? If you're
not sure, let us know the hotel's address (the postcode will suffice)
and we'll advise further.
--
Richard J.