Old April 20th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default RIP Wagn

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article .com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article .com,
(Jonathan Morris) wrote:

Dave Plumb wrote:

http://www.whatmobile.net/tmp/fcc/wagnliveson.jpg

(Notice too that it's just CAPITAL CONNECT on the right hand
display).

chuckle It also shows how "FirstCapitalConnect" only just fits by
leaving out all the spaces. How soon before Network Rail switch to
"FCC" I wonder?

At KX this evening both the main and smaller departure boards were
showing the TOC as "First Cap Connect"

Hmm. Missed that. I was too busy trying to figure which platform the
19:15 was going to depart from. It was definitely FirstCapitalConnect
yesterday.

Strange - I was on the 1915 too. I was referring to the displays that
give a list of departures: the big one in the main concourse and the
smaller ones such as the one facing the York Road entrance. These were
all using the wording First Cap Connect at about 1905 last night.
(Though I wonder whether the TOC itself approved the abbreviation).

The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

PaulO