Old April 20th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

In message , David J Bush
writes

There is an excellent map of the Underground available online. I can
change to the District line at Acton Town, Hammersmith, Baron's Court,
or Earl's Court. I have to be sure to get on a train bound for Edgware
Road.

The only place to change directly to an Edgware Road service is Earls
Court, which involves an escalator (or possibly a lift/elevator).

With luggage you may find it easier to change to the District at
Hammersmith or Barons Court - these are both very simple cross-platform
interchanges. You would then need to change again at Earls Court, but
that is another simple cross-platform interchange between the District
line services.

Then I change again at Notting Hill gate to the Central line, and
get off at Queensway, which is closest to the Byron on Queensborough
Terrace.

You could avoid that by getting off the Edgware Road service at
Bayswater and walking from there - although it doesn't look like it on
the tube diagram, it is actually only about 200 yards from Queensway:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...archp=newsearc
h.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Bear in mind that you are arriving late - if there is any delay
collecting baggage and you don't get to Edgware Road before midnight,
you are likely to miss the last Edgware Road service. If there is a
danger of that happening, you would probably do best to stay on the
Piccadilly line to either Knightsbridge or Hyde Park Corner and then get
a short taxi ride direct to the hotel.

--
Paul Terry