Old April 20th 06, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David J Bush David J Bush is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:11:06 GMT, "Graham J" wrote:

|There is cross platform interchange between District and Piccadilly Lines at
|Hammersmith and Barons Court, after which the Piccadilly dives underground,
|which makes those stations particularly convenient for changing between the
|lines without use of stairs, lifts or escalators. However the District Line
|services towards Edgware Road operate from Wimbledon via Earls Court so
|you'd have to change again at Earls Court (it would be either the same
|platform or cross platform). You'd have to weigh up the additional change
|against having to come up the escalators and stairs from the Piccadilly
|Line.
|I defer to those who know the stations and the area, but you might want to
|consider Bayswater as an option (also on the line to Edgware Road) as I
|believe they are only a couple of hundred yards apart. Though Queensway may
|possibly be more convenient for the hotel once you are above ground you
|might find that is largely cancelled out by the distance to walk between the
|District and Central Line at Notting Hill Gate.

Wow, what a great newsgroup! Accurate, pertinent, and quick responses with
no flames! Bayswater might be even closer to the Byron, if there is a way I
can cut across to Queensborough Terrace without walking a block North or
South. If not, I will just have to struggle to survive somehow. Many thanks
for all your help!