Old April 20th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Mike Bristow wrote:

The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would
be
longer?

If you're lucky you can probably do somewhere-in-west-london and
back again on the central line via it's loop - or do they turf
passengers out of those trains?

I can't actually recall seeing services advertised on the indicators as
running through to Hainault-Woodford (other than on days when part of the
loop is out of service and the rest is being treated as a standard branch
from Woodford) and the last time I was at Hainault the train terminated and
a different one came in for Woodford.

At the moment there are weekend engineering works somewhere around
Redbridge which close part of the loop in one direction at a time, so
trains have been running to Woodford via Newbury Park (and presumably
therefore back to London via Snaresbrook, because they can't go the
other way around the loop).

When the work switches to the inner rail, I imagine trains will travel
to Hainault via Woodford and thence straight back to London via Newbury
Park.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7