Old April 20th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

David J Bush wrote:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:11:06 GMT, "Graham J"
wrote:

I defer to those who know the stations and the area, but you might
want to consider Bayswater as an option (also on the line to
Edgware Road) as I believe they are only a couple of hundred yards
apart. Though Queensway may possibly be more convenient for the
hotel once you are above ground you might find that is largely
cancelled out by the distance to walk between the District and
Central Line at Notting Hill Gate.

Wow, what a great newsgroup! Accurate, pertinent, and quick
Byron, if there is a way I can cut across to Queensborough Terrace
without walking a block North or South. If not, I will just have to
struggle to survive somehow. Many thanks for all your help!

I don't think there is any shortcut to Queensborough Terrace without, as
you say, going a block north or south. Queensway station is closed at
the moment for refurbishment. It's due to open in May (no date
announced yet), so it should be open again by August. But station
refurbishment is notoriously bad at being finished on time! Nearer your
visit, you can check the current state of station closures towards the
bottom of this page: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/planned.asp .

--
Richard J.