Old April 20th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Bennetts David Bennetts is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

"David J Bush" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:11:06 GMT, "Graham J"
wrote:

|There is cross platform interchange between District and Piccadilly Lines
at
|Hammersmith and Barons Court, after which the Piccadilly dives
underground,
|which makes those stations particularly convenient for changing between
the
|lines without use of stairs, lifts or escalators. However the District
Line
|services towards Edgware Road operate from Wimbledon via Earls Court so
|you'd have to change again at Earls Court (it would be either the same
|platform or cross platform). You'd have to weigh up the additional
change
|against having to come up the escalators and stairs from the Piccadilly
|Line.
|I defer to those who know the stations and the area, but you might want
|consider Bayswater as an option (also on the line to Edgware Road) as I
|believe they are only a couple of hundred yards apart. Though Queensway
may
|possibly be more convenient for the hotel once you are above ground you
|might find that is largely cancelled out by the distance to walk between
the
|District and Central Line at Notting Hill Gate.

Wow, what a great newsgroup! Accurate, pertinent, and quick responses with
no flames! Bayswater might be even closer to the Byron, if there is a way
can cut across to Queensborough Terrace without walking a block North or
South. If not, I will just have to struggle to survive somehow. Many
thanks
for all your help!

Whilst I don't disagree with the advice given so far, you are travelling at
night close to the times of the last trains, so you may be better off just
getting the Piccadilly Line in to central London, getting off at say Green
Park and getting a short taxi ride from there to your hotel. The last train
times are available at the www.tfl.gov.uk website.

Regards

David Bennetts