Old April 21st 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Suitcase and backpack?

David Bennetts wrote:

Whilst I don't disagree with the advice given so far, you are
travelling at night close to the times of the last trains, so you
may be better off just getting the Piccadilly Line in to central
London, getting off at say Green Park and getting a short taxi ride
from there to your hotel.

That's a very good point. The last trains for the various journey
options appear to be as follows (times are approximate):

To Queensway: 23:16 from Heathrow, change at Hammersmith, Earl's Court,
Notting Hill Gate, arrive Queensway 00:23. (Or via Holborn, 23:31 from
Heathrow, arrive Queensway 00:39)

To Bayswater: 23:40 from Heathrow, change either (a) at Hammersmith,
Earl's Court, High Street Kensington, all on the level, or (b) at
Gloucester Road to the Circle Line, via stairs and lift. Arrival by
Circle Line at Bayswater 00:33.

To Hammersmith (for taxi to Bayswater): 00:04 from Heathrow, arr.
Hammersmith 00:34

The last Heathrow Express to Paddington departs at 23:47.
--
Richard J.