Old April 21st 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Zingo?

Mike Hughes typed

Had a similar story from another customer who said that the call centre
wanted to know the exact post code for Trafalgar Square!! As he said
"Every London taxi driver knows where that is", but the call centre
wouldn't have it.

That story needs to be told far and wide. It certainly made me chuckle!

I reckon more useful would have been specific information as to
*exactly* where on Trafalgar Square the caller meant...

Once again I have to say that it's not the drivers that the weak link,
it is the call centres / driver query operators who do not answer the
radio or phones quickly. No driver is going to wait indefinitely unless
he can keep his meter running.

Fair enough. It's a shame a driver can't stop the meter sometimes.

I called one once and a cab came quickly. The driver needed the loo & I
told him I didn't mind his popping off to a nearby gents. He couldn't
stop the meter though...

Of course to do this requires more operators, preferably with some sort
of knowledge of the job but this costs money and reduces the company's
profits. Not so much of a problem when the company was owned by the
drivers and was set up for their benefit, but now...

Agreed. I really wish the call centre were in London though.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.