Old April 21st 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Suitcase and backpack?

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

I think I'd prefer to trust the map with the hand-added pointer
(the one further North) on the assumption that the people who put
it there likely had a clearer idea than the software that put the
other arrow there did.

But they say the hotel is 250 yards from Kensington Gardens, whereas
their arrowed location is 350 yards from the Gardens. The truth is
between the two arrows.

I've checked the address (36-38 Queensborough Terrace) with the City
of Westminster site and Google Earth, and it's actually slightly
quicker to turn left (north) out of Bayswater station and walk via
Porchester Gardens than to go via the Bayswater Road. (Roughly 550
yards against 600 yards.)

So my initial hunch was probably right!

--
Colin Rosenstiel