Old April 22nd 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Zingo?

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

It's a shame a driver can't stop the meter sometimes.

I called one once and a cab came quickly. The driver
needed the loo & I told him I didn't mind his popping
off to a nearby gents. He couldn't stop the meter though...

Was this a taxicard job? If the job stayed within the taxicard limit, it
would be the council who paid for his pee time, not you... and if the jouney
went over the taxicard limit, he could easily just reduce the cash he
demanded from you by an appropriate amount.

If it was a credit card job, there's nothing to stop him phoning a meter
reduction through to the call centre after the job is over.

I really wish the call centre were in London though.

And staffed with cab drivers who have lost their licences for medical or
other reasons.