Old April 23rd 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default RIP Wagn

Dave Arquati wrote:
It's a very annoying name. Couldn't they have used "First City Connect"
or even just "First Capital" maybe...

On a FCC service from Cambridge to London the other day I overheard a
couple of City commuters disscussing the new name. One of them
mentioned that they had noticed the First Capital Connect stickers on
the side of the train and assumed that it was advertising for a new
credit card or some other financial company.

I can understand his confusion. After all, "Capital One" is the name of
a bank, as is "First Direct"...

PaulO