Old April 28th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default RIP Wagn

In message , karijk
writes

In the years between, I used a WAGN service from Palmers Green to
Finsbury Park. Best overground service ever in my opinion. Never
suffered a late train, & the fast morning service direct to Finsbury
Park was excellent!

My experience of the past few years of WAGN from Palmers Green to
Moorgate has been pretty bad. They lost a large route I believe and they
seemed to consider this route as a "hobby." :-) Fairly minor electrical
problems caused hours of delays while they hunted up an engineer. Some
mornings your train ended up at Kings Cross because of overhead cable
problems at Drayton Park.

Four days out of 5 the service was just about ok, but the fifth day you
could take hours to get home. One night a driver got half way up the
slight hill from Bowes to Palmers Green and decided his unit wasn't
going to make it..... he had to reverse back into Bowes and chuck us all
off. You couldn't write a sitcom as good.

The service now ? Well so far I've never been diverted to Kings Cross by
these guys, or turfed off at Finsbury Park..... so it's already a
massive improvement.

--
Edward Cowling London UK