Old April 28th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ian Ian is offline

Default New camera scam

"Chris!" wrote in message

John Rowland wrote:
The City Of London Police have announced that they will prosecute not
only
drivers who go through the final stop line when the traffic light is
reds,
but also drivers who go through the initial stop line before the cycle
box.

About time too. I can only recall two occasions on my daily cycle
commute when there haven't been cars in the cycle box. The rule about
not enroaching the cycle box has been in the highway code for some
years now but is being blatently ignored.

The rule about cyclists obeying traffic lights has been in the Highway Code
even longer, but it is more often than not ignored. I just watched a
recording of a debate this week in the House of Lords on the subject of
cyclists ignoring traffic law. It sounds like something is going to be done
this soon. About time too.

Apparently one member of the House of Lords nearly died a few years ago
after being hit by a dangerously ridden cycle outside the House. Helps
concentrate their minds.

Ian