Old May 1st 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default 'Weekend Tubes': decision on later start and finish times

steve wrote in
news
SNIP
This shows why you should not answer on behalf of others as you
clearly don't know the facts. Clubbers would loose out due to the
later start on Sunday and will not benefit from a slightly travel
closure, people don't leave clubs at 1am.

You're right. It's nothing to do with clubs, which tend to close at 6 in
the morning (some clubs close around 3 or 4 but these tend to be on the
outskirts of London).

So it'll be a major PITA for clubbers, which is annoying as the last thing
you want to do on a Sunday morning is wait for the tubes to open. So we'll
end up getting ripped off or raped by very dodgy minicabs, or driving under
the influence of drugs and drink.

This whole public consultation would have been probably rejected by
clubbers.

But for drinkers, it's good. People do now leave pubs around that time, so
those not into clubbing will benefit.

What I don't understand though is why they've stitched us up by half an
hour. Add half an hour at night, but a whole bleedin' hour in the morning?
Are they having a laugh?

Why don't they instead lose half an hour's maintenance work in the morning,
and simply employ more staff to get the jobs done quicker with the revenue
created from all those £3 single journeys created as people take the tube
home instead of a cab! :-))

TRISTÁN